MGS Presents Aaron Diehl, piano
MGS presents classical and jazz pianist Aaron Diehl. With equal training and experience in the classical and jazz worlds, Aaron will present a first half of Bach, Hanna, Joplin, and Dett, and will then be joined by local jazz talent Chad Eby, Steve Haines, and Thomas Taylor for a second half of jazz.
With the uncertainty of the pandemic, precautions will be taken to keep our audiences and artists safe. Masks will be required, as per the governor’s mandate, social distanced seating will be in effect, and proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within 72 hours of the event will be required as well.
Any individual ticket purchaser deciding to remain home due to potential contact or illness will be given the choice of a refund or credit to another event.
Aaron Diehl, piano
Friday, October 22, 2021 - 7:30 pm
Christ United Methodist Church
Live Audience Tickets
- Prelude and Fugue in G Major, BWV 860 J.S. Bach 1685-1750
Prelude No. 1 in B flat Major
Prelude No. 2 in E Major
Prelude No. 3 in B Minor
Solace (A Mexican Serenade)
- Juba Dance R. Nathaniel Dett 1882-1943
- Flux Capacitor Aaron Diehl b. 1985
- Isfahan Duke Ellington 1899-1974
- Alter Ego James Williams 1951-1982
- Peggy's Blue Skylight Charles Mingus 1922-1979
- Clockwise Cedar Walton 1934-2013
- Deception Miles Davis 1926-1991
- Centerpiece Harry "Sweets" Edison 1915-1999
Program subject to change at the discretion of the artist(s).